Cub Scout Pack 158 of Herndon, VA welcomes you! Pack 158 is charted by Floris United Methodist Church and holds Pack Meetings and other events at Floris Elementary School. Many of our members attend Floris Elementary, but that's not a requirement; we also have members from McNair Elementary, L.L. Coates Elementary, Hutchison Elementary, and other area schools.
If you are interested joining the Pack or learning more, please use the "Contact Our Pack
" form to get in touch with us.
We are excited to start our 2018-2019 year. If you are interested in joining, it's never too late! We are now accepting Kindergarteners to form a new Lions Den, First Graders to form a new "Tiger Den" and Second Graders to form a new "Wolf Den" (3rd, 4th and 5th graders are also welcome to join as well of course). A "Join Scouting Night" will be held in the Fall, date TBD (likely September 19, 7PM at Floris ES), for those interested in learning more about Cub Scouts and meeting leaders. Contact Us and we will be happy to share information right away and send an invitation to Join Scouting Night once it is scheduled or confirmed.
Joining simply requires completion of an application and dues payment. If you have any questions about the Cub Scout program, please contact us and an adult leader will get back to you right away.The registration process is:
- We'll put you in touch with a Den Leader for the grade-level of your child.
- Complete a scout application (parent application is also required for First Graders) and pay dues ($160 per year) once assigned to a Den.
- We'll assist to get a uniform and handbook for your son, start a subscription to Boy's Life Magazine, provide access to the private side of this site to view the events calendar, and ensure you are acclimated to Scouting.
- Start participating in Den meetings, service projects, advancement program activities, etc.
- Pack events include monthly Pack Meetings and special events throughout the year such as the Pinewood Derby, Fall and Spring Campouts, Blue and Gold Banquet, and Gravity Grand Prix.
Pack Meetings are generally the third Wednesday of each month at 7PM, at Floris Elementary School in the cafeteria. Visitors are welcome to attend, but we recommend you Contact Us first because there are occasionally exceptions to the location.
This page is part of the "public area" of Pack 158's web site. We will continue to add information and links about scouting for everyone! In the "secure area", we have more detailed event calendar and photos from past events. The "secure area" is for Pack members and their families, and requires a username and password.
Scouting is a great way to have a great time with your friends while you grow--in building character, community, and personal development! Come join us!